OUR WEDDING | {tribute to merrick} | june 2012

Sunday, June 3, 2012

This is probably the most backwards, upside-down post, you will ever see here. Not only is this post about another photographer, but myself and Tom are featured in most, if not all, of the images.

When Tom and I set the date for our destination wedding in Jamaica, a common question was, "Whose going to take your wedding pictures?"

When we found Merrick Cousley's website, we immediately loved his work and photography style. Our decision to have Merrick as our photographer was made after the very first email we received from him. From just words in print, we knew he was the right fit for us. He seemed like a very genuine, nice guy! We liked that! Quality of work is extremely important when hiring a photographer - after all, that's what you're paying for - but, the photographer him/herself should also be a deciding factor - you are going to spend the whole day with them! Tom and I both knew, from just his emails, that Merrick was someone we could work with.

Merrick is a native of Jamaica. Our wedding took place at the Iberostar Grand Hotel Rose Hall in Montego Bay. Merrick travelled from his hometown in Kingston to shoot our wedding. Thank you Merrick!





On the morning of our wedding (May 14th, 2012), I was surprisingly calm. Then, Merrick arrived! Reality suddenly hit me - holy moly, it's my turn! I don't know if Merrick sensed how uncomfortable I was in front of the camera, but with his Jamaica tongue he said, "Yeah Mon. Today, just focus on being a Bride." I took those words very seriously. I forgot about being on the spot. Forgot about being on the other side of the camera - the bride, not the photographer. I put everything else out of my mind and enjoyed the new and exciting role I was about to experience at a wedding. He put me at ease before I even laced up my wedding dress. Thank you Merrick!









Tom and I both agree, Merrick was amazing! We haven't had many photos taken as a couple. We've never had professional photos taken together. Working with Merrick felt like working with someone we had always known. He felt like a friend and we had only just met. He guided us through each pose and made us feel very comfortable. For those wondering, I had absolutely no say on poses, positions, locations, etc. We left Merrick in complete control and followed his direction. We thoroughly enjoyed every minute of it. His attention to detail is impressive and his passion for photography is what I loved the most! With a contemporary and artistic style, he documented our wedding with perfection. Thank you Merrick!















Tom and I are both easy-going people. We love to laugh, have fun together and have a love for each other that goes deeper than being Husband and Wife. We are best friends. Looking at our wedding pictures, we believe Merrick captured our relationship perfectly.












 
 

Tom and I returned from our destination wedding in Jamaica with 830 professional images. As you can see from the number of images posted, we absolutely love them all!

Our wedding day was magical. It was everything we had hoped for and so much more! It is a day we will never forget. We are still on a wedding high.

Again, Thank you Merrick Cousley!! Tom and I are so grateful to you for giving us so many beautiful memories of our dream wedding in paradise. You are an amazing photographer with a true gift for creating breathtaking images and also making your clients feel at ease. You are a true inspiration!


As a photographer, I have learned a lot from this experience. Being the Bride and being on the other side of the camera has given me a better appreciation for how lucky I am to be a wedding photographer. Weddings are a special day for both the newlyweds and their families. I have always tried my best to make my couples and their families feel comfortable and most of all have fun and enjoy their day. Now, I can really step back and appreciate all of the emotions of that special day - the buzz of excitement and happiness in the air and the overwhelming love of family. If you have the love and support, not only of your own family, but also your new family, it's hard not to see just how truly lucky you are.

16 comments :

Sandra Finch Photography June 3, 2012 at 9:44 PM  

WOW! Love them all, Emma! What a beautiful job! You looked amazing!

emma hutchinson photography June 3, 2012 at 9:52 PM  

Thank you Sandra. I can not say enough about Merrick's work. He was fantastic!

Heather Rowsell June 3, 2012 at 10:00 PM  

LOVE all your pictures Emma...looks like you guys had an absolutely beautiful wedding. A Destination wedding is the way to go! Congratulations to you and Tom!

Anonymous June 3, 2012 at 10:07 PM  

Congrats Emma!! If I haven't already said it to you, lol...Your wedding pictures are Beautiful, Love them all!! Looks like you had a fantastic time in Jamaica!! Jus and I will be getting hitched in just 20 days!!! Can't wait now!

Sarah Warford

Nancy Peckford June 3, 2012 at 10:09 PM  

WOW!! Congrats Emma, what an amazing job he did!! You were beautiful!!

Jen Arnold June 3, 2012 at 10:15 PM  

I have to say, you guys did the best "jump" shot I have ever seen...lol...
Absolutely stunning pictures Emma. Congratulations from myself and Jim!!!... :-)

Amanda June 3, 2012 at 11:24 PM  

Amazing! Reminds me of your style Emma.

Natalie Legere June 3, 2012 at 11:35 PM  

Emma, you looked absolutely stunning! The pics are gorgeous! Congrats!

Karla June 3, 2012 at 11:41 PM  

wow, they are beautiful pictures Emma. Merrick did an awesome job on your pictures.

emma hutchinson photography June 4, 2012 at 9:41 AM  

Thank you so much everyone for all of your kind words.

Sarah, congratulations on your upcoming wedding. I know you will be beautiful and your day will be perfect!

DEANNE & BRENT June 4, 2012 at 11:08 AM  

WOW... THE PICTURES ARE ABSOLUTLY BEAUTIFUL! YOU BOTH LOOKED STUNNING... CONGRATS FROM BOTH BRENT AND I AND WE WISH YOU ALL THE HAPPINESS IN THE WORLD!
DEANNE & BRENT

emma hutchinson photography June 4, 2012 at 11:31 AM  

Thank you Deanne. Happy Birthday to Mackenzie :)

Your proud Sister...Kara June 4, 2012 at 9:38 PM  

Emma the pictures are great. The jump shot was taken quite a few times, but in the end it was perfect. Your right Merrick was a great guy to work with, and the pictures speak for themselves on how talented he is. Your special day was amazing, everything was so perfect. You looked absolutely beautiful, and so happy. I wish life long happiness for you and Tom.
Love you very much!

Kara

emma hutchinson photography June 5, 2012 at 9:44 AM  

Thanks sis. Love you! I'm so grateful you were there with me for our wedding day. It wouldn't have been the same without you by my side. You were THE best maid of honor a girl could ask for. Everything was perfect, but most of all we had our families there to enjoy the amazing day with us.

Vanessa June 30, 2012 at 11:17 PM  

Finally getting a chance to see these... absolutely beautiful, every single one of them. Congratulations to you both!

Anonymous July 26, 2012 at 12:50 AM  

Thanks so much for sharing! I'm getting married at IRHB in January. I panicked when I read the reviews on the resort photographer and saw their samples. I'm glad I found a referral for Merrick and such great feedback from his cients.

Post a Comment

If you do not have a google account, choose Name/URL.

Ourblogtemplates.com

Back to TOP