Dawn + Todd | Newfoundland Wedding Photography

Sunday, July 4, 2010

This past weekend, Dawn and Todd chose me to photograph their wedding in St. John's. This was the first of {so far} three weddings on the east coast that I will be shooting over the next year. It's very exciting - accompanied by a few butterflies - to be traveling and experimenting with new locations. I had an amazing time, and met some really great people.

Dawn and Todd were married at St. Theresa's Catholic Church on Mundy Pond Road. After the ceremony, we headed to Bowering Park. I had a little déjà vu there. The last time I walked through Bowering Park was approximately ten years ago. I was there as a photography student. It was pretty surreal to be back as a professional photographer.

After Bowering Park, Dawn and Todd showed me the way to Quidi Vidi Village. What a location!

The reception, held at the Waterford Manor, consisted of everything from chocolate covered strawberries, a personal chef and a room full of nurses! Yip, that wasn't a mistake. What do you get when you have music, alcohol and nineteen {off duty} nurses...a very wild party. Let's just say a good time was had by all ;)

Thank you Dawn and Todd once again for trusting me to capture your wedding story. Enjoy your honeymoon and this sneak peak!




Here's a little foreshadowing for ya. This is Amy {one of three flower girls } pretending to take a picture of the photographer. Little did I know then, that this would become a little game between myself and the kids at the reception.


... and this is Noah {one of three ring bearers} relaxing before the ceremony.


These kids were so cute and so well behaved.



































The candy table at the reception was a big hit.







Jarrett capturing a rare moment. This is how it all started. I apologise, Dawn and Todd, in advance for all the unexpected pictures you may have of me!


The "nurses" kidnapped Todd for a secret photo shoot outside. He didn't put up much of a fight.


Dawn and her three little ladies








Dawn and her mom, Winnie kicked off the night.

10 comments :

Krista May July 5, 2010 at 9:52 AM  

Beautiful photos!!! Dawn, you were a beautiful bride! Emma, you did an amazing job!

emma hutchinson photography July 5, 2010 at 10:46 AM  

Thanks Krista.

Anonymous July 5, 2010 at 12:22 PM  

My goodness Emma these are some of the nicest wedding pictures I have seen in a long time. There are some real popstcard shots in there. The parents of the children must be delighted with some of the beautifull captures of them. You truly have a gift for this sort of work.

Anonymous July 5, 2010 at 12:34 PM  

You of all people know what happens when you mix overworked nurses and alcohol... hahaha!
Another amazing shoot. Quidi Vidi looks awesome. The bride and groom are going to LOVE these!

Melissa

emma hutchinson photography July 5, 2010 at 1:16 PM  

Thank you.

emma hutchinson photography July 5, 2010 at 1:17 PM  

Thanks Melissa. Watching them party, made me miss you guys! One of the guests came over to me at one point and said "I bet you haven't seen a wild party like this before." I laughed and said, actually...I have...for two reasons. One, I've been to ALOT of weddings and seen alot of crazy things. And two, all of my friends are nurses. LOL.

Ramona Kelloway July 5, 2010 at 5:10 PM  

LOL We nurses are not that bad. Great job Emma I love the pictures Dawn looks wonderful.
Ramona Kelloway

emma hutchinson photography July 5, 2010 at 9:12 PM  

You were all having a good time Ramona. That's what it's all about!

Dale McLean July 11, 2010 at 11:04 PM  

I love your shots of Amy and Noah. You are very talented! I love the photos of Dawn and Todd too!

emma hutchinson photography July 12, 2010 at 8:31 AM  

Thanks Dale. I absolutely loved the time I spent with the little ones. There were so much fun...and so well behaved. I hope none of them were sick after eating all that candy :)

Post a Comment

If you do not have a google account, choose Name/URL.

Ourblogtemplates.com

Back to TOP