The end of a journey

Monday, July 19, 2010


Friday marked a very important date for the Hutchinson family. At a small ceremony at the Glynmill Inn in Corner Brook, my parents, Graham and Clare {along with 28 other candidates from all over the world} were declared Canadian Citizens!

Watching them embark on this new journey and finally take their oath of citizenship to become Canadian was awesome. I was so proud to be there with them and my mum blew me away! She was asked to say a few words as a new Canadian. Not only did she impress her daughter, she had half the audience and honorary members in tears. haha.

The ceremony represented everything Canada has to offer. Multiculturalism. Freedom. Hope. Pride. Listening to Citizenship Judge, Suzanne Pinell speak about the benefits of being a Canadian, made us realize {even more} how lucky we truly are to be part of this amazing country.

It took eighteen long months to get here and it still might be British blood that runs through their veins, but in their hearts and {now} officially on paper, they are CANADIAN!

4 comments :

Serendipity Soiree July 19, 2010 at 7:19 PM  

Congratulations to your Mom and Dad! I remember when you all came to Canada. We were so excited to have some "brits" @ our school. LOL! Your Mom and Dad look amazing Emma...and have hardly changed since the last time I visited the house and that was a good 10 years ago! Beautiful image...thanks for sharing. :) Catherine

Heather July 19, 2010 at 9:54 PM  

Wow!!! That's really great Emma. You must be so proud of your parents. I bet you were very happy just to witness the day.

Heather

Anonymous July 22, 2010 at 7:02 AM  

Wow you got me !!
It could be a mistake putting my ugly mug on your blog.
I am really glad you enjoyed the ceremony we sure did.
Greym.

emma hutchinson photography July 23, 2010 at 3:05 PM  

Thanks so much for commenting. Sorry for the delay in posting your feedback.

Dad. You can get me back when it's my turn :)

Post a Comment

If you do not have a google account, choose Name/URL.

Ourblogtemplates.com

Back to TOP