MANDY + JONATHAN | {the sweetest thing}

Saturday, July 16, 2011


I first met Mandy and Jonathan at the Old Mill in Campbellton in 2009. I believe it was around October. We met for an engagement session. It was not only my first time meeting them, but also my first time taking photos at the Old Mill. There are endless opportunities for amazing photographs at this location. I plan to return . . . many times. A few images from Mandy and Jonathan's e-session can be seen on my website under "couples in love."

It's quite possible, I was just as excited for their big day as the Bride herself. OK, Mandy may have been a little more excited. ha ha. Mandy and Jonathan were so great to work with during the e-session, I knew their wedding day would be just as much fun or more. It had to be!

Mandy and Jonathan chose to revisit the Old Mill for their wedding photos. I thought it was perfect! I honestly, couldn't wait to clue up the family and wedding party photos to get one-on-one with Mandy and Jonathan at the Old Mill. They didn't disappoint. We had such a great time. Thank you Jonathan for navigating the climb once again :) Mandy you're a trooper for doing it in heals!!

If you read my last post, you may be wondering what I will remember about Mandy and Jonathan's wedding day. Well, besides the countless fly bites - I've never seen so many - what I will remember about Saturday, July 9th is the connection I witnessed between these two love birds. I've seen it on many ceremony programs and invitations and even heard couples proclaim, "I'm marrying my best friend." I can honestly say - without a doubt - this statement is true for Mandy and  Jonathan. If I had to sum up their connection in words, this is the statement I would use. It's the sweetest thing.

Mandy has been waiting patiently for her turn on the blog. Mandy, I hope its everything you hoped for!


Mandy pinned her Grandmother's brooch to her bouquet and carried it with her all day.






Emma, the flower girl. So cute!



Mandy opening a gift from Jonathan. It was a beautiful bangle.


I love this shot of Mandy + Jonathan leaving the church as husband + wife.




I just had to feature another photo of Emma. She's just too darn cute!





Everyone loves a jump shot!










7 comments :

Mandy July 16, 2011 at 2:05 PM  

WOW is all I can say...I remember looking on the internet when we first got engaged, trying to book someone for our wedding & when I came across your website, I just knew I wanted you to photograph our wedding. You are such an amazing photographer & you didnt dissapoint with our wedding! Thank you so much for putting up with the flies & their bites to capture the best day of our lives!! :)

Emma July 16, 2011 at 2:28 PM  

Thank you so much Mandy. It was a pleasure to capture the special moments of the best day of your lives! I loved every minute...and again, the fly bites were worth it. Hope you're both enjoying being married.

Bev Morgan July 16, 2011 at 5:28 PM  

Fantastic job Emma. These pictures are amazing. Can't wait to see the rest. Mandy made an excellent choice in choosing her photographer!

Emma July 16, 2011 at 6:36 PM  

Thank you Bev. Lots more pictures to come. It was hard to choose which to post on the blog!

Julie Woolfrey July 20, 2011 at 4:39 PM  

WOW! You did an awesome job on Mandy & Jonathan's photos! The old mill is the most beautiful location too....i had some of my wedding photos taken there the weekend before too!!! Great job!!!

Emma July 20, 2011 at 4:43 PM  

Thank you Julie...and congratulations :D

Anonymous July 22, 2011 at 7:33 AM  

Once again a great job Emma - I always go through images from any shoot rather quckly to just see the shots and then I go back and look in a bit more depth. I dont know how you do it but you aleays manage to capture the emotion in the shot. I suppose in wedding photography a lot of the elements are there for you ie The people, the wardrobe, and most of the time a venue that you have pre-visited - but to cature the emotion is a craft or a gift !!!
To anyone reading this comment please go back to these shots and I defy anybody not to feel the actual emotions of the people in the shots.
Great Job.

Greym

Post a Comment

If you do not have a google account, choose Name/URL.

Archive

Ourblogtemplates.com

Back to TOP