TARA + JON | {true beauty...everywhere you look}

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Tara is from Summerford and Jon grew up a short distance away in Too Good Arm. I have drove through each community many times on the way to Twillingate. At our pre-wedding consultation, Jon said he would put a sign near the road on the day of the wedding to make it easier for me to find Tara. I never expected this! I thought it was fantastic and had to get a picture.


I love out-of-town weddings. The "not-knowing" is part of the adventure. When you shoot the same locations over and over, you tend to do what you've always done and what you know works. Although I try to avoid it, I'm guilty of it too. Out-of-town weddings give me the opportunity to be creative and force me to think. Where's the best light? What's the best angle? Would a shallow depth of field work best or do I want a deep focus?

I arrived in Summerford around noon and crashed (literally) in Twillingate around midnight. Yip! It was a long day, but a fantastic one! Tara and Jon's wedding has to go down (so far) as my favourite for 2011. I had such an amazing time and the scenery was a photographers dream! I'm in love with the images we captured. They not only feature a beautiful couple, but also showcase the true beauty of Newfoundland. I love being a photographer, but adventure and meeting amazing people are the reasons I love being a wedding photographer!








Tara entered the ceremony arm-in-arm with her father...


and left with her husband.









Lego cuff links!







This image just goes to show, you have to be ready for anything!










5 comments :

Anonymous September 14, 2011 at 8:12 AM  

WOW What more can I say absolutely perfect pictures. This couple should be very proud - not only do they have some beuatiful pictures but they also have them against a very true Newfoundland backdrop. Great job on both counts Emma.

Greym

pearl Jenkins September 14, 2011 at 12:32 PM  

these pic are breath taking,,,,love them all ..

~ emma ~ September 14, 2011 at 12:41 PM  

Thanks. It was an all around great weekend. I hope they are pleased with the images too.

Tara Tuffin September 14, 2011 at 5:21 PM  

I'm in love with our pictures, they are beautiful! Emma, thanks for helping to make our day so amazing. We had such a great time:)

~emma~ September 14, 2011 at 6:17 PM  

I'm so glad you're pleased with them Tara. It was ana amazing day. Talk Soon.

Post a Comment

If you do not have a google account, choose Name/URL.

Ourblogtemplates.com

Back to TOP