Christa + Greg | Central Newfoundland {Wedding} Photography

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

I've had many great adventures at weddings. This past Saturday was no exception.

When Christa contacted me last year, she sent pictures of this amazing location she had found for post-ceremony photos. I was literally in awe and in love with this location. I have been looking forward to the Snow/Simms wedding all summer. Unfortunately, the weather was putting a damper on our plans...or so we thought. To check the forecast leading up to the wedding and to hear the disappointment in Christa's voice that we may be rained out, was heartbreaking. I've always been pretty lucky {knock on wood} with the weather on wedding days. I think deep down, I knew it would hold off for at least a few shots outside. Plus, I had many people praying to the rain gods and crossing their fingers and toes. Thank you!

Christa and Greg were married at St. Andrews Anglican Church in Bishop's Falls. During the ceremony, I glanced out the windows, hoping the rain had stopped. It continued to come down. I was loosing faith. As Christa and Greg lined up after the ceremony to greet their guests, I glanced out one more time. No rain!

The newlyweds and I geared up and headed for our secret location. The drive to the secluded area was apparently rough and could only be accessed by truck. My Honda Accord wasn't going to cut it. We hopped in with Greg's brother and groomsmen, Chris and his fiance and maid of honor, Julie. I had no idea where we were headed. The usual "we're married" excitement was mixed with the overall excitement of the group {me included} for heading outdoors for photos. After a fairly long ride through the woods and down a {very} bumpy dirt road, we made it. I swear my jaw dropped when we arrived. I couldn't believe it. What a spot. We spent a full hour outdoors without a drop of rain.

I had such a great time with everyone. As usual, I was made to feel like part of the group. Thank you to Chris and Julie for chauffeuring me around and to Christa and Greg for the adventure. I hope you enjoy the sneak peak. These are my faves.


9 comments :

Serendipity Soiree October 19, 2010 at 1:02 PM  

Beautiful...love the location...The blanket of fall leaves on the ground against the brides bouquet and the rustic building as the backdrop..."Harmony". Love it...super job as always! Happy you guys did not get rained out....See fingers and toes work! LOL!

Catherine

emma hutchinson photography October 19, 2010 at 1:06 PM  

Thanks Catherine and thank you for crossing your fingers and toes. LOL. It definaely worked. We only managed to get outdoors for the Bride and Groom photos, but I'm grateful for that much.

Tom Shea October 19, 2010 at 2:14 PM  

Beautiful, as usual, Emma.

Tom

emma hutchinson photography October 19, 2010 at 7:02 PM  

Thanks Tom

Ally October 19, 2010 at 8:48 PM  

I am lucky enough to be friends with this wonderful couple. The pictures are absolutely breathtaking! Can't wait to see the rest!!!!

emma hutchinson photography October 20, 2010 at 1:46 PM  

Thanks for commenting Ally.

Anonymous October 21, 2010 at 11:55 AM  

Emma, we love the pics!!! They are beautiful as always. We thank you so much for capturing great memories of our wedding. We can't wait to see the rest!!
Christa & Greg

emma hutchinson photography October 21, 2010 at 12:11 PM  

Glad to hear it. It was a great day. Thank you.

Anonymous October 21, 2010 at 9:01 PM  

All beautiful pictures of a beautiful couple!Loved the umbrellea one:)
Kristy

Post a Comment

If you do not have a google account, choose Name/URL.

Archive

Ourblogtemplates.com

Back to TOP