MELISSA + JONATHAN | {Twice a Groomsmen. Finally a Groom!}

Tuesday, June 28, 2011


Prior to this past weekend, I met Jonathan on two separate occasions during the 2009 wedding season - I can't believe it's been that long! Once in Springdale on July 4th and again October 10th in James town. He was a Groomsmen at both weddings. While very quiet, his friendly demeanor shined through.

Then, one day I got an email from Melissa stating I had photographed her fiancĂ© before and asked if I would be interested in shooting their Wedding in Torbay / St. John's. I was delighted. Not only was I thrilled that they trusted me to photograph the most important day of their lives, I was also excited about the adventure of another East Coast Wedding.

It was pretty cool to photograph Jonathan twice as a Groomsmen and now as a Groom! I've never seen a Groom so happy to be standing at the alter waiting for his Bride to walk down the isle. Its cliche I know, but he was smiling from ear to ear. Even one of the guests sitting next to me in the church pew commented on Jonathan's happiness. I totally get it though. Melissa is a wonderful girl. Not only beautiful, she has a lovely personality too!

It goes without saying - and I think the photos below are proof - Melissa + Jonathan had an amazing day Saturday. I was honored to be apart of it!












It was somewhat surreal standing on George Street Saturday afternoon. When I started my wedding photography career in 2002, I never imagined where it could lead. As a photographer from Central, I've admired the work of many East Coast photographers. I always thought it would be pretty cool to photograph a Bride + Groom on the cobblestone streets of downtown St. John's. Check!




For Melissa + Jonathan, the Sundance on George has a special place in their hearts - it's where they met.



 




I've been experimenting lately with my pocket wizards at weddings. I'm hooked! I don't have the technique mastered yet, but I'm having fun trying!



Melissa + Jonathan had their reception at Glendenning Golf . This is a venue I highly recommend. Its absolutely gorgeous and the staff are fantastic.




10 comments :

Anonymous June 28, 2011 at 11:13 AM  

these pic are amazing!

Anonymous June 28, 2011 at 11:15 AM  

There is no doubt about it - YOU GOT IT GIRL -

Absolutely stunning and I love the downtown shots and with the pocket wizards all I can say is whats next.

I have a prediction though I think some very cool lighting stuff is coming - am I right.

Greym.

Emma June 28, 2011 at 3:21 PM  

...this is only the beginning. I have many more ideas to try out!

Anonymous June 28, 2011 at 3:51 PM  

Loved the pocket wizard pic! The light is just right... love how it lights up, not only their faces, but the beading on her dress, her necklace and bracelet and his flower! They must have loved that one!

Melissa

emma June 28, 2011 at 3:59 PM  

Thanks for commenting Melissa. They did love it. I don't think they knew what I was doing at first. They were so cool about it and just let me experiment.

Anonymous June 28, 2011 at 4:52 PM  

oh my God!!!!!! unbelievable!!!!!...... Jan

Sandra Finch Photography June 28, 2011 at 10:03 PM  

Great work, Emma - beautiful images!

Anonymous June 29, 2011 at 12:00 AM  

Wow.. these pics are amazing..just breathe taking.

Photography Pittsburgh July 25, 2011 at 1:56 PM  

Amazing wedding work, I love that profile shot of the two of them in shadow.
Shaun David

Emma July 25, 2011 at 4:35 PM  

Hey Shaun. Thank you so much for commenting on my work. Wow Pittsburgh. That's awesome! I love hearing from other photographers around the globe. Keep in touch!

Post a Comment

If you do not have a google account, choose Name/URL.

Archive

Ourblogtemplates.com

Back to TOP