WHILE I WAS OUT | {Durell, Newfoundland}

Sunday, October 2, 2011


I'm not a fan of traveling home late at night after a wedding. I'm just too tired to dodge the moose. Taking that chance just isn't worth it, in my opinion. When I'm covering a wedding reception out of town, I normally make arrangements to stay over night.

On a recent wedding trip to Summerford, I stayed in Twillingate. I arrived at my hotel room shortly after 11pm. I woke up early and decided to take a drive around Twillingate. It was a beautiful warm, sunny day and I hadn't been in the area for a few years. I headed for the lighthouse first to spot a whale. No such luck, but the horizon was dotted with icebergs of all sizes. This was rare. Its late in the year for icebergs.

I didn't take many photos that morning. It would have been better had I woke two hours earlier for the sunrise.

The area is still as beautiful and calming as I remember. As I drove around, I couldn't help think about those Newfoundland tourism TV ads. The ones with children running through grassy fields, clotheslines whipping in the wind and giant icebergs out at sea. The videos show the true untouched beauty of this province.

Canon 5D Mark II, 24-105mm lens | 1/50 @ f16 | ISO 100

0 comments :

Post a Comment

If you do not have a google account, choose Name/URL.

Archive

Ourblogtemplates.com

Back to TOP