CYNTHIA + GLENN | {the unforgettable first kiss}

Sunday, August 7, 2011


Cynthia and Glenn live in Grande Prairie. Normally, I wouldn't get to meet either of them until a few days before the wedding day or on the actual day. I had the pleasure of meeting Cynthia and Glenn a week earlier at another wedding I photographed. Cynthia was the maid of honor at Dominique and Rob's wedding in Gander. In turn, Dominique was Cynthia's MOH.

While I travel all over Newfoundland for weddings, I haven't photographed many in Norris Arm. Its a picturesque little town, nestled between Bishop's Falls and Gander, running adjacent to the Bay of Exploits. No matter where I go, the weddings are always beautiful. The marriage of Cynthia and Glenn was no exception.

I was excited to see the church. Most of the smaller communities in Newfoundland have the most beautiful churches, with amazing architecture and character. Cynthia and Glenn exchanged vows at the Our Lady of Mount Carmel Parish at 2pm on Friday, July 29th. This Little gem - with its creaky wooden pews and arched glass windows - did not disappoint.

After all of the photos, Cynthia and Glenn celebrated with family and friends at the Grand Falls Club. Congratulations to the newlyweds.







Ring Bearer, Evan took his job of guarding the rings very seriously.



Every marriage officiant has his or her own rules when it comes to photography during the ceremony. I feel its important to respect those rules - its their playground after all. I always like to check with the officiant before the ceremony. Not only to introduce myself, but to also find out if there is any part of the ceremony they do not want me to photograph. I do this out of respect for their church. 

Before the ceremony started, I was warned by family members that Father Brophy was "old-fashioned" and very strict about the order of the ceremony. I did as I always do, found Father Brophy and introduced myself. His guidelines were fair and nothing out of the ordinary.

The service was traditional and beautiful. Father Brophy was official, yet down-to-earth and even told a few jokes. Not what I expected at all. But, I stood in the spot he assigned and proceeded to photograph the marriage of Cynthia and Glenn. I remained respectful of Father Brophy's wishes and did as he requested.

After the vows and rings were exchanged, their was a sign of peace. While guests were busy shaking hands with their neighbor, Father Brophy stepped passed me and thumped lightly tapped me on the arm and said, "Get this!" He then told Cynthia and Glenn to have their first kiss as husband and wife. I was a little dumbfounded, did a double take, and got the shot. I'm not really sure why this struck me funny. For some silly reason, this insignificant moment made me chuckle to myself and I'm pretty sure no one else even saw it.





Glenn with his son, Jayden








1 comments :

maxine hanlon August 9, 2011 at 6:48 PM  

Your Pictures are amazing can't wait to see the rest lots of love maxine and rex

Post a Comment

If you do not have a google account, choose Name/URL.

Archive

Ourblogtemplates.com

Back to TOP